Page 1 of 212»
Forum » Apply for Operator! » Archive » Romero's Operator Application
Romero's Operator Application
willieDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 3:06 PM | Message # 1
Toolgun Extraordinaire
Group: Donator
In-Game Name: Romero
STEAM ID:0:1:36810894
Time on the Server: About 4 days counting before server shutdown in summer.
Supporting Staff Members: Rees, Creative, Rageface.
I Think I should be operator because I have done much for the server that few would realise. Rees was there when I tried to stop McLowe the DDosing guy. I have a lot of operator skills such as: I know the MOTD practically by heart. I do not lay down the banhammer too heavy, only when it's neccessary. I have over 100 forum posts and I am an active part of the community. I have worked with disabled people at charity so I know how to communicate in many ways with people and be friendly. I have run multiple RP servers since the shutdown so I know a lot about different admin plugins. I also am not an operator that would ban just for raiding me. I value roleplay almost as much as Leyf does. My playstyle is mostly criminal with occasional corrupt mayor, for my in game character Romero grew up around crime, it is the only thing he knows. Overall, I love this server I have donated and I'd do anything that anyone would ask me to do for it. The members are like a second family. I have wanted to join the ranks of the staff since a week after I joined. I ask that all staff and players do not dwell on my past as this was my first RP server and I had to adjust to the roleplay. I have helped staff go undercover, I have helped bust rule-breakers on multiple occasions and I have never been banned.

My policy is the "three strikes your out" which means for minor offenses (RDM, Social ignorance, NLR etc.) I give one warning, then I observe the player and see if he or she breaks anymore rules, then it is a ban. I find kicking useless unless under the most minor situations because people always rejoin after being kicked and the punishment is very very minor. However my policy is different in the way that if I go raiding and a new player has done something wrong, I wont warn him just yet. I will make sure he has read the MOTD and help him grasp the concept of the rule and move on to another person, then I will enforce my three strikes policy. I really like you guys and if I don't get the operator status that is perfectly ok with me because all I want is someone to enforce the rules and I am only hoping with the best intentions that that guy will be me. I have handled lots of operator-like situations when staff aren't on that Dylan can probably confirm. I was a minge in the past and a tall proud veteran today. I'd appreciate the support from you guys.

Love,
Romero

Message edited by willie - Thursday, 2011-10-13, 4:50 PM

ReesDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 3:11 PM | Message # 2
Citizen
Group: Admin
I like it, ALOT. Keep it up. happy

No need to fear! Star Rees is here!

AntDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 3:27 PM | Message # 3
Citizen
I shall support you wink

willieDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 3:34 PM | Message # 4
Toolgun Extraordinaire
Thank you guys. But to be in all fairness with my competitors. Some are just as qualified as me if not more and when they apply please give them support too (Viktor and Barkley)

Guard55Date: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 4:07 PM | Message # 5
Builder
Group: Users
I support you.

LeyfDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 4:16 PM | Message # 6
Toolgun Extraordinaire
Group: King Führer
Quote (willie)
I value roleplay almost as much as Leyf does

Baww.

Your App is generic, but I like it for the most part. You make a lot of good points

willieDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 4:21 PM | Message # 7
Toolgun Extraordinaire
Quote (Leyf)
Your App is generic, but I like it for the most part. You make a lot of good points

Thanks and I'm not an author like you so I can't make it all that inviting but I said what I thought needed to be said.

LeyfDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 4:39 PM | Message # 8
Toolgun Extraordinaire
Quote (willie)
Thanks and I'm not an author like you so I can't make it all that inviting but I said what I thought needed to be said.

Well you don't exactly need to be an experienced writer to not be generic, if you look through the archive, 90% of the apps have your same "policy"

All I'm really trying to say is that you can be different when applying for Op. My Operator App years ago back in DDRP was very unique, and that's why it was accepted. I made my own playstyle, policies and expectations ;D

willieDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 4:44 PM | Message # 9
Toolgun Extraordinaire
True True, I honestly don't know what more to put other than the assload I already have but...Ill go ahead and edit it real quick with some minor adjustments.

SamDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 5:21 PM | Message # 10
Builder
Group: Users
Quote (Leyf)
All I'm really trying to say is that you can be different when applying for Op. My Operator App years ago back in DDRP was very unique, and that's why it was accepted. I made my own playstyle, policies and expectations ;D

Meh, mine was better.

willieDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 5:29 PM | Message # 11
Toolgun Extraordinaire
THE POWER OF LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP SHINES ON THIS APP. PLEASE DO NOT FIGHT!

JeremyDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 6:06 PM | Message # 12
Scientist
Pretty mehgood

Because Fuck You Thats why.

LeyfDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 6:22 PM | Message # 13
Toolgun Extraordinaire
Quote (Sam)
Meh, mine was better.

BITCH PLEASE

willieDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 6:27 PM | Message # 14